I see new signs every day
We removed the stitches from the biopsies the other day and everything has healed very well.
Not looking too bad at all (if not making partings) , his top-coat hides a lot, but now the tail is looking thin and his head a bit shaggy.
- Smell: Sebum (like when dropping coat) but a much more sulky smell.
- Tail: The spots that were inflamed have now healed well.
- Head: Pink and dry now also above his eyes. Chunks of undercoat is falling off. New pink, inflamed area around the right ear that is itchy in a “non-scratching” manner. He rubs his head towards our legs and the couch, but if too intense it hurts. The “old” spots are now calm. NOTE: You can see these small change in colour close to the anus in one of the pictures. When parting there – you see a lot more.
- Behind: Slightly discoloured on right side of anus (sign of sebum/grease – I will explain the process/pattern in a blog post of it’s own). He can smell the sulky sebum/grease and looks at his behind – asking me what that is. NOTE: You can see these “sebum pearls” in one of the pictures.
- Legs, torso and chest: not affected at all
- The inflamed parts: I locally used Chlorhexidine and then Daktacort.
- The parts that have calmed down: I use oil
- Food: Extra Omega 3 and Omega 6. (I will write more about food later on)
Next “runner up” area
Neck – no immediate signs, but if combing a parting one can see small small pearls of sebum/grease – the first sign of a Sebaceous gland in imbalance. No smell, no nothing since he still has a very functioning undercoat there doing what it should do.